Normerica Project Coordinator/Estimator
Normerica Building Systems – Barrie, ON
All Normerica construction project coordinators/estimators organize and assist in directing the activities of a construction project/ or projects and or package, under the direction of a Senior/ Project manager. You work in the office typically but may be needed on-site, looking after the day-to-day responsibilities of the project. You will be involved in the construction projects day -to-day activities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyze drawings and specifications.
- Assist in value engineering buildings when necessary to meet client’s budgets
- Assist in the selection of subtrades and ensure project tenders are completed accurately and on time
- Assist in the development of detailed scopes of work for all trade divisions
- Assist with project scheduling, budgeting, cash flows and other financial reporting as required
- Formulate cost break down from estimates and for project progress
- Co‐ordinate and organize project drawings & documents in the server & project filing cabinets, as needed.
- Attend design / product presentation meetings.
- Coordinate with consultants, GC, Sub‐trades, suppliers and manufacturers.
- Review and comment on shop drawings & samples submitted by suppliers & manufacturers.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Inspect work progress at construction sites to verify safety and to ensure that specifications are met, when required.
- provide administrative support to Senior/Project Managers and Site Supervisors, as required
- Collaborate with Senior/project manager and ensure compliance to all safety procedures at site.
- Assist Senior project manager and prepare construction estimates, budgets and schedules on projects as required
- Assist in close out process and ensure appropriate filing of all paperwork.
- Obtain and review quotations from subcontractors for completeness and in accordance with contract documents.
- Assist the Estimating Team Leader and work closely with Normerica Design Group
- Issue purchase orders based on initial delivery schedule
- Answer questions from site regarding material usage and shortages.
- Assemble accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner based on specifications supplied by sales/design teams using specified assemblies and piece counts
- Responsible for bidding and costing stages of a construction project
- Compile change orders and quote revisions
- Provide clear, accurate and detailed quantity take offs for estimating and contracted jobs
- Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material, various unit’s rates for all construction divisions and labour costing.
- Sourcing of local suppliers, obtain quotations and provide analysis.
- Assemble and verify quotations to be included within price changes including estimating of Normerica and Trade work, overheads and general conditions in accordance with contract
- Prepare a timely schedule in Microsoft project or other project scheduling software.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5 years related experience
- Estimating experience an asset
- timber frame construction an asset
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Must have Class G license
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Job Type: Full-time
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .