The primary accountability of this position is to develop and generate new business opportunities, new customers, accounts, and business partners. Follow through on Sales strategy; achieving sales objectives, goals and timelines within an assigned territory or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products and related services. Grow your partner network to drive repeat business and create loyalty with our company. Deliver exceptional service, knowledge, and industry expertise. Personally contact and secures new business accounts/customers.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current and prospective customers in the assigned territory to meet or exceed sales goals
- At the beginning of each month, establish realistic prospecting/sales action plan to achieve monthly objectives
- Forecast the following month’s sales and pipeline activities
- Monitor daily performance and compare it with that month’s objective.
- Make every effort to maximize both present and long-term sales and gross profits.
- Service customers and leads as required in support of exceeding sales targets and moving clients and builders along our project activity milestones
- Proactively prospect new clients and new business partnerships through market research, outreach, and cold calling daily/monthly to achieve monthly prospecting objectives
- Send introductory emails to new partners/prospects
- Phone call follow ups to get face to face meetings
- Build the database with key industry partners
- Maintain reporting sources for developing prospective customers, evaluating their potential, and maintaining and updating our database
- Manage database for region, keep contact records up to date; clean data to follow database rules for consistency of approach
- Responsible for developing and maintaining strong positive relationships with staff and coordinating sales effort with marketing, sales management, design, shop floor, and logistics
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential and determine the value of existing and prospective customers – channels and markets value to the organization.
- Identify advantages and compare organization’s products/services against competition – find and create unique value propositions
- Plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/region.
- Build key relationships at tradeshows, constantly evaluating ROI on marketing expenditure and assessing new tradeshow opportunities/markets
- Each fall prepare a territory plan for the following year to achieve or exceed objectives
- Prepare in advance and proactively schedule regular sales meetings with the President.
- Work to improve your sales skills, managerial skills, business skills and product knowledge.
- Responsible for closing qualified sales leads to contracts
- Document all sales activities within CRM system
- Attend weekly sales meeting
- Staff model home, tradeshows as required
- Travel throughout target market within Ontario for meetings/sales calls as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding market and competitors’ products
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- 5-7 years of industry specific sale experience in a construction or related field and knowledge of the residential building process
- Professional communication style; experience with sophisticated, educated buyers
- Extensive experience in all aspects of timber frame construction an asset
- Proven track record in managing regions and consistently exceeding sales objectives
- Strong leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Proven leadership and ability to build loyal relationships & develop new business markets.
- Able to operate in a fast-paced and changing market environment
- Good negotiation skills and persuasiveness; proven ability to achieve sales targets & objectives
- Initiative and enterprise
- An aptitude for design and spatial style within a construction environment is required
- Comfortable with a long lead time sales process
- Comfortable working within a CRM system to document and report on daily, weekly, monthly sales activities and to keep all records updated accordingly
- Functions well within a team environment
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.