Normerica Building Systems – Barrie, ON
The Construction Supervisors- (two positions one for the Oro-Medonte area and one for the Midland area) oversees all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, directing all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. This position reports to the Senior Project Manager(s). Reliable transportation is required (ability to pick-up materials would be an asset). These two positions require an individual to be available Monday to Friday, and to attend site one or two times daily. Time on site may vary dependent on scopes of work being completed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinates and oversees all construction activities.
- Job site locations at this time are the Oro-Medonte and Midland areas Other/ future jobs may require travel, and traveling to site on a daily basis.
- Directs all trades to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems.
- Orders materials, request quotes, and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Understands the project plans, specifications and the Normerica Building systems (timber frame assemblies, panel-plus system, etc).
- Understands the procedures to construct larger ICI projects.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Prepares schedules and supervises completion of a final punch list.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Maintains an organized job site, including the construction office (if available).
- Prepares Daily Site Reports, conducts daily & weekly safety meetings when needed.
- Maintains regular communication & close working relationship with Senior Project Managers & Administrators.
Qualifications and Skills
- Organization: Utilizes strong organizational skills
- Communication: Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
Education and Experience:
- Preference will be given to applicants with a background in ICI construction
- 3+ years of successful Project Supervision would be an asset
- Experience with production of residential and/or commercial builder(s).
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of residential construction.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects.
- Strong Microsoft Office and Excel skills, and computer skills
- Timber Frame knowledge & experience in carpentry an asset.
- A self-directed, highly motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
- Very organized with a systematic approach to tasks, to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities.
- Professionally and technically competent.
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
- Friendly and out-going in social contacts; works easily with others
- Must have own transportation
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 3 years (Preferred)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com .